TITLE OF POSITION: Sales Associate
REPORTS TO: Store Manager
Interact with customers in a friendly manner to generate sales and ensure their shopping experience at Super C exceeds their expectations of a convenience store.
Ensure each customer receives outstanding service by being friendly, courteous and thanking each one.
Knowledge of all products offered, prices and current promotions.
Replenish sales floor, coolers, drink machines and condiments so there is always product available for purchase.
Be alert to customers and staff and surroundings.
Be alert to theft and danger.
Follow proper cashier policies (store manager will elaborate in training).
Assist in all janitorial duties to keep facility and property in good repair and clean.
Specific duties include: sweeping, mopping, dusting, wiping counters and
Cleaning: windows, grills, all machines, restrooms, gas and oil spills on log, gas pumps, any other cleaning duties assigned by management.
If a customer has a complaint and you can solve it, do so and inform the manager. If you can’t, take all information and refer to store manager and inform customer you are doing so.
Other tasks may be assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
The qualified applicant must have the ability to:
- Stand for extended periods of time and to move and lift boxes and equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Operate all equipment necessary to perform job.
- Communicate with customers and staff.
- Read, write, and count to complete all transactions and documentation necessary to perform the job.
- Work varied hours and days including: nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.